WALDES is a zipper brand which once actually existed in
the 1930s of the US.
The brand, however, was gradually forgotten with the passage of time and the trademark became available to the public. We therefore obtained the trademark and revived it as a vintage zipper.
1.We faithfully recreate the then manufacturing method and specifications of 1930s and 1940s.
(1) A tape is made of 100% cotton yarns and woven with an old-style power loom.
The tape boasts its strength thanks to the strongly driven woof.
(2) A cord is a separate piece, which intertwines 100% cotton yarns. It is sewn on a tape with care.
(3) A slider, open end fitting, and top stop have reproduced the shape and atmosphere in those days.
2.Characteristics of WALDES Zipper
(1) An element is not
plated. For that reason, a zipper will age over years along
with leather and denim.
This is how the unique, one-of-a-kind touch of vintage can be obtained.
(2) There are many options you can choose from regarding the specifications of a slider, open end fitting, and top stop, which enables you to select the best accessories to match the product you want.
(3) We have cotton 100% and polyester tapes. You can choose whichever you want according to the purpose.
(4) A cotton product especially renders specific texture and a distinct feeling of the material. Above all, it is environmentally friendly.
(5) The feeling of the material that reminds you of the 1930s and 1940s will surprisingly match the modern vintage fashion.
(6) Our motto is high-mix low-volume production and instant delivery.
(7) We accept a sample request even for one zipper and respond to any sample request quickly. We can meet quick delivery schedule for production as well, through consultations with our customers.
(8) A cotton tape is also available in different colors (over 60 m), original pull tabs, and/or with inscription upon request.
3.Metal alloy material ratio
|Alloy material||Zinc die-cast||red brass||Nickel silver||aluminum|
|Standard||Cotton tape width||Polyester tape width|
※For No. 5 only, you can choose from two different cotton tape widths. If you want to make it 20 mm, please let us know at the time of ordering.
5.Consideration of Product
(1) A cotton tape has less friction resistance, tension strength, and colorfastness compared to polyester one.
(2) The fastness of a cotton tape is Grade 3 or under. Attention is required as the color is easily transferred or degraded by being subject to processing, laundering, friction, sweat, and light.
(3) The color of a cotton tape may vary from dyeing lot to lot.
(4) For the slider of a metal zipper which allows you to open in both ways, you may feel differently about the sliding performance between upwards and downwards because of the shape of an element.
(5) AG and BK elements are not plated but treated with special chemicals.
In sewing, the color of an element may transfer to fabrics.
The surface may also change due to friction or the following processes.
We assume no responsibility for any failure or
defect that happens due to the following processes conducted by a customer. Please
kindly understand this before applying any work on our zippers.
Also, any additional work may affect or change our zippers depending on the method, chemicals, dye and the environment used.
Please test and check the impact, if any, before performing anything on our zippers.